Welcome to Deerness Park Medical Group
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking when we are open and closed as well as letting us know any issues you have.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Government Legislation on Face Masks
We have had numerous requests from patients requesting exemption letters so that they do not have to wear face coverings.
Unfortunately we cannot provide exemption letters and we will not tolerate abuse from patients who demand a letter from us.
This is not practice policy it is Government Legislation, for advice on wearing face coverings please visit the gov.uk/covid advice line.
Government Legislation on Face Masks
Due to the corona virus , and following national advice and guide lines, we have had to suspend on line booking for face to face appointments. You can still book telephone triage appointments using the online booking system. You can also use e-consult , Blue Box below, which will advise you which service you need its only a 5 minute process. We will re-instate online bookable appointments as soon as the advise from NHS England allows us.
If you are thinking of calling your GP Practice please remember this;
1. We cannot do prescriptions early or give you more just in case -the pharmacies are already struggling, you don't want pharmacies to be like supermarkets
2. We cannot give you an inhaler even though you had one 5 years ago when you had a bad cough, just in case, We know it may be scary but lots of people really really need these inhalers, and if you get one just in case then those who really need them cannot have one.
3. We cannot give you paracetamol on prescription just because you cannot get it over the counter.
4. We cannot advise you to self isolate whether you should or should self isolate if you are at risk, we have a considerable number of patients please follow the guidance. We know this is not perfect but we really don't have anything else that we can tell you.
5. If you are due to have a review /routine appointment and we have cancelled it please try to understand the unprecedented strain we are trying top get through. Please DO NOT shout at the reception staff Nurses and GPs when they cannot do these things. We will make sure you get the medication you need, and that we will always endeavour to provide the best care we can in these unprecedented times.
6. Every person who enters the a health care setting are, sadly, entering a very high risk environment ask yourself why you would to put yourself at such high risk.
Please remember our staff are doing this to keep you safe , Please keep us safe STAY AT HOME
Please do not enter our premises if you have a fever or cough
FACE COVERINGS MUST NOW BE WORN
FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENTS
From the 1st of July the practice must offer 25% of our appointments online, if you have not registered for online services please go to please click the link below or contact reception to register
You can register to book appointments, get repeat prescriptions and view items such as allergies or immunisations through our online facility just click the link below and follow the instructions
Appointments when we are closed;
The Practice work with Sunderland GP Alliance to provide an extended acces service between the hours of 18.00 and 22.00 weekdays 09.00 weekends and 10.00 14.00 weekends. These appointments are available at health centres in 5 locations, Washington, Hendon, Pallion, Houghton and Southwick. You can book an an appointment via our reception or 111. For furthur information follow this link;
If you want to know about sharing your information with other clinical professionals click here InfoSharing in Sunderland
The novel coronavirus causes respiratory illness that can lead to pneumonia. Symptoms of pneumonia may include a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. If you have any of these symptoms and have been in contact with someone or have recently returned from affected areas i.e China Northern Italy or you have been in contact with people who have been to these areas please self isolate and contact 111. YOU MUST NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY OR A&E to avoid spread.
If you are unsure about self isolation please see guidance at ;
If you have symptoms and want to check please click here and follow the steps https://111.nhs.uk/service/COVID-19/
Deerness Park Medical Group Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Deerness Park Medical Group (DPMG) continually strives to enhance patient care to provide a high quality and responsive health care. We would like to know how we can improve NHS and Practice Policies and delivery of our services to you and foster improved communication between the practice and its patients. To help us understand Practice issues we work closely with our PPG.
To help us with this, Our current established PPG we would like patients to join our 'Patient Participation Group'; so that you can give your feedback on operational matters relating to DPMG. Deerness Park Patient Participation Group is actively seeking patients to join our group. We are looking for people of any age, gender or background to obtain your thoughts, experiences and any ideas that you may have to help enhance our services in the future as well as help patients understand new developments in General Practice and health care.
Our PPG Group Aims and Objectives are:
- To participate in the health improvement of the local population by promoting self-help improvement.
- To encourage patients to engage in their own healthcare
- To have/seek knowledge on issues that impact on health
- Being a signpost to other services and agencies
- Sharing others experiences and feedback
- Identifying areas with scope for improvement
- Identifying excellence
- Turning knowledge into action
- Supporting & understanding reasons for change
- Bringing patients together for mutual encouragement
- Promoting self-management
- Linking into the community
Help us Help you - join us today by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Practice we need to have a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for details of our officer and how to contact him please click on our GDPR tab
TAKE OUR FREINDS & FAMILY TEST BY CLICKING ON HAVE YOUR SAY TAB
Our practice Armed Forces Champion is Eric Harrison
Our Armed Forces Champion will offer advice and support and will be able to signpost our Military community to the services they may require.
Please let the practice know if you have served in the Armed Forces as a Regular, Reservist or Adult Volunteer Cadet. We have a pack that you can collect from our reception.
The practice works with Sunderland CCG Armed Forces Leads and Veterans in Crisis Sunderland to ensure those who have served or currently serving in the Military have access to information across the city on services and support that is available.
Please be aware that under safeguarding legislation we are unable to register children under the age of 16 unless their legal guardian is also registered with us.
(Site updated 15/07/2020)